Love has always been a key factor in my life. I have depended upon love since I was but a mere child. Love is something I believe in with all of my heart, mind, and body. I have founded everything I have ever believed in on love. Love is my dependency.
Some say that love is unreal. That it's just the result of chemicals and neurotransmitters having their fun. But, while that is true, it's so much more than that. It's the nervousness in the pit of my stomach when I see my crush. It's the feeling of belonging when I'm in my father's arms. It's the pure joy that races through my entire body whenever I make my little brother smile. It's love. It's the eternal love I possess whenever it comes to a few human beings. There are different types and degrees of love, that's for sure, but love is love. A crush is the smallest degree, that tiny little feeling of it's you! Yay! Love is stronger than anyone can ever even begin to fathom whenever it comes to family. The connection my father and I have is deeper than anyone ever thought. For a long time, I thought that my father was my dependency. But, I realized that that wasn't true.
I am dependent on receiving love, whether it be in the future or in the now. I am dependent on having a partner when I'm older who loves me, and a person I can love. I need to be able to love, and to be loved. However, to have one without the other is excruciatingly painful. I need mutual love. Perhaps I was unwise in choosing this for my dependency, but than it was a subconscious choice. It's better to depend on love than a person, after all.
This is beautiful! I love your writing! Maybe you should read this in Sista Frands. It touches on some of the things you were trying to get off in your friendship piece.
ReplyDelete