Monday, February 3, 2014

Renewal.

   Considering that the Renaissance marked a massive movement in the arts, I believe that it is definitely a thing. Art tends to inspire people as well as to show the future. That may sound a bit absurd but it is true nonetheless. Since nobility supported artists, art was able to be widely produced during the fourteenth to sixteenth centuries. Ideologies began to change and, slowly, a more Western mindset began to spread. People looked to the past and, because of such, the revival of art began. Scholars started looking to ancient Greek and Roman history rather than the Middle Ages because the Middle Ages was a time of doom and despair and the other was not. The surge of art and literature during the Renaissance is a prime example of how humanism began to become prominent and eventually did become prominent. A person cannot state that this time period did not exist because of the fact that the entire ideology of a large group of people was altered.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. There was significant progress in art, whether people were directly affected by it at the time or not. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that the Renaissance was a thing. I believe that even if there wasn't massive social change the people leaving in the time produced large amounts of beautiful revolutionary art, and if that is not a thing I do not know what is.

    ReplyDelete